Monday, March 21, 2016

17 Celebrities Open Up About Dealing With Postnatal Depression

“I seemed to be suffering emotional amnesia. I couldn’t genuinely cry, or laugh, or be moved by anything. “

Joe Kohen / Getty Images / BuzzFeed

01. Hayden Panettiere spoke to Yahoo about people who suggest postnatal depression isn't a 'real' disease:
"If you think for one second that a mother wants to feel that way toward her child, you're outta your mind. It is one of the most debilitating, scary, guilty feelings that you can ever feel. That a mother would not be able to connect with their child, would not be able to get a grip, or would not know what's going on, for anybody to say that it's false or created by us, you must have your head examined."

02. Reality TV star Kendra Wilkinson has spoken about her battle with postnatal depression:
"After giving birth, I never brushed my hair, my teeth, or took a shower. I looked in the mirror one day and was really depressed. I thought: Look at me, I had this glamorous life in L.A., and now didn't. A couple of times I even said, 'I just have nothing to live for.'"

Jason Merritt / Getty Images / BuzzFeed


View Entire List ›

No comments:

Post a Comment