Wednesday, July 29, 2015

OITNB's Danielle Brooks Has Posted An Inspiring Body Confidence Message For Her Fans

“Today my inner being told me to turn up the notch on my self-love. I should not be ashamed of my body.”

Orange Is The New Black star Danielle Brooks, aka Taystee Jefferson, has already proved what an awesome queen she is on and off screen.

Orange Is The New Black star Danielle Brooks, aka Taystee Jefferson, has already proved what an awesome queen she is on and off screen.

Lionsgate Television

Not least, because she's a true inspiration and has previously taken part in the #LoveYourShape campaign to help boost her fans' confidence.

instagram.com

Well, now she's at it again. The actress decided to share this gym selfie on Tuesday evening – the first time she's been brave enough to go in just her sports bra with her shirt off.

And she's looking pretty on fire to us. ?

instagram.com

Hey ?rs, Today I decided to do something I've never done before: Go to the gym with my SHIRT OFF!! ? I thought I'd share why this is significant for me. I've always wanted to do this but have felt shameful and have told myself "until my body is perfect I'm forbidden." Today my inner being told me to turn up the notch on my self-love. I should not be ashamed of my body. I'm not a walking imperfection! I'm a Goddess. Secondly, I'm a confident woman! That doesn't stop once I take off my spanx. Lol Sometimes it's a struggle. Sometimes I don't like what I see, but I have the power to change the way in which I relate to my body both physically and mentally. Today I woke up feeling beautiful and motivated to love myself and take care of the ONE body that I've been given. I'm not saying World take your shirt off, twist it round your head, spin it like a helicopter?, (lol) I'm saying everyone live in your confidence. One Life. One Body. Take Care of It. With ?, DanieB #voiceofthecurves #yesmythighstouch #lovethyself #beautyinandout #goddess #imabadshutyomouth #ivebeeneatingmygreens #thickathanasnika


View Entire List ›

No comments:

Post a Comment